The Riverside Boutique Resort is located on the banks of the Nam Song River, near Vang Vieng in the heart of rural Laos. Long a popular choice for adventure seekers and travellers looking to get off the beaten path, Vang Vieng is set in some of Laos’s most stunning countryside. Dreamy karst limestone mountains decorate the horizon, poking out of jade carpets of rice paddy, all edged with the glassy waters of the lazily meandering Nam Song River. Looking for serenity, tranquility, and picture postcard views in every direction? Then look no further than the Riverside Boutique Resort, Vang Vieng Laos!
This delightful Laos boutique hotel houses 34 individually designed rooms and suites. Decorated with traditional touches made by local crafts-folk, with hardwood and rattan furniture, traditional fabrics and pieces from some of the 8 ethnic groups that live in this region, each guest room also has a spacious balcony set to enjoy the views.
The swimming pool offers something for every guest, with shady spots to lounge poolside under mature shade trees, to sunbeds placed for the best of the sun, and a breathtaking view of the mountains across the river that borders the pool and gardens of the Riverside Boutique Resort.
After a day exploring the countryside, on foot, bicycle or perhaps on a guided tour, on returning to the riverside resort head to the herbal spa to relax those aching legs. The Riverside Sala Spa offers a range of traditional therapies, massage and herbal hot-compresses, perfect for helping you relax and unwind.
The Riverside Boutique Resort also features a bar and restaurant, carefully positioned to enjoy the stunning river and mountain views. The menu offers a choice of international and traditional Laotian cuisine, all supported by a full bar and wine list including old and new world wines. And the freshest coffee, sourced from the Boloven Plateau in Laos. The resort is also well equipped for small gatherings, conferences and meetings, at just 3hrs drive it is both close enough to the travel hub of Vientiane and far enough away to assure total privacy and tranquility. With parking on site, 24hr reception, all the conveniences a modern traveller requires and steeped in the old-world charm that Asia’s boutique hotels do best, the Riverside Boutique Resort is the perfect home from home for every occasion when in central Laos.
Your Host and The Team
“When my Lao partners and I started developing Riverside Boutique Resort more than 10 years ago, our ambition was to create a simple yet elegant retreat in Vang Vieng for those who wanted to experience the rugged beauty of the Lao countryside, in style. Over time, Riverside Boutique Resort has become much more than that. Our resort has been recognized as the best hotel in the province, and we feel a real sense of responsibility to help promote tourism is a way that is respectful of nature and of local communities. We take every opportunity to celebrate and support Lao traditions and culture. The decor of the guest rooms, for instance, include carefully curated, one-of-a-kind pieces, sourced from the eight different ethnic groups of Central Laos. But it is in our team that we take the greatest pride. Nothing brings us more satisfaction than when guests take note of the dedication and friendliness of the staff. We are grateful that it happens so often! Kop chai lai lai!”
Deluxe Rooms (28 units)
Classic Rooms (4 units)
Riverside Suites (2 units)
Facilities and Highlights
- The Restaurant du Crabe d’Or at the Riverside Boutique Resort is named after one of Vang Vieng’s most famous caves. The menu features a choice of international and traditional Laotian cuisines. With a choice of dining spaces, indoor air-conditioned and al-fresco on the restaurant’s terrace overlooking the mountains and river, there is a perfect place to dine for every occasion and every time of day. Dining is supported by a wine list of both old world and new world wines, and coffee is sourced from artisan coffee growers on Laos’s Boloven Plateau.
- The Riverside Sala Spa also shares breathtaking and relaxing views of Vang Vieng’s glorious countryside and mountain scenery with guests. The Spa offers a choice of treatments with artisan spa products from Thailand and also traditional Lao herbal remedies. A variety of massage treatments are available, herbal hot compresses and the Riverside Signature Journey that includes treatments and a herbal sauna while enjoying views of the mountains.
- The Swimming Pool is perfectly positioned in the garden facing the river and mountains. With loungers set both for sunbathing and under shady trees, there is an ideal place to lounge poolside for everyone. Order a drink from the bar or perhaps tapas from the restaurant and work on your tan or enjoy that book you brought along all the while surrounded by the stunning natural beauty of Vang Vieng’s countryside.
- The Nam Song Lounge and Bar serves a full range of beverages from cocktails to wines, beers to soft drinks. Relax with a drink or play board games with friends, indoor or on the terrace.
- The Meeting Room has been designed and equipped to meet the needs of private companies, NGOs and government groups looking to hold seminars, conferences, or private meetings. The meeting room can accommodate up to 50 delegates. Smaller breakout rooms can also be setup when required.
GENERALTotal number of rooms: 34 rooms
Check-out until 12:00
Time zone: (GMT+07:00) Hanoi
Currency accepted: USD, LAK
Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, JCB, UnionPay
Electricity voltage: 220V
Electricity plug type:
CONCIERGEYour concierge is ready to assist you with planning and completing your reservation, contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCESSExpressway from Vientiane, a 3hr drive, or a 10minute drive from Vang Vieng’s Speed Train Station. Accessible both from Luang Prabang in the north, and Vientiane, which is a short distance south of Vang Vieng.
Airport: Vientiane Wattay International Airport (VTE) - 140 km
Train Station: Vang Vieng Train Station (express train) - 6 km
CONTACTBan Viengkeo, Vang Vieng, Vientiane Province 10030 , Laos