Set the heart of Vientiane City and offering a fresh take on a city hotel, this property draws inspiration from 1930’s Indochine design interspersed with modern, creative touches. Previously the home of a well-known Laotion poet, it comprises 55 guestrooms and suites spread out over eight floors, each with a special touch. The rooftop infinity edge swimming pool, replete with a bar and breathtaking views overlooking the Mekong River and the city is not to be missed at sunset.
Mrs Lamphoune Voravongsa
Your Host and The Team
“After having created Satri House in Luang Prabang, my inspiration in creating Lao Poet was to build a hotel that offers elegance and comfort, whilst mixing modern touches with 1930’s Indochine design. The aim is to be original, unique and distinct. The name itself stems from the land the hotel is built on, which was formerly the home and residence of Maha Keo a poet of distinction. A stay at Lao Poet may even inspire you to write something.”
Urban Classic (15 units)
Urban Deluxe (32 units – including 7 twins)
Poet Suite (8 units)
Facilities and Highlights
- Pool: The infinity rooftop swimming pool is 15x 5m. There is also a gym, sauna and steam room.
- Restaurant: Situated on the second floor with large windows overlooking the street, the 40-seat open plan restaurant has 1930’s Indochine design with hanging chandeliers mixed with an urban modern feel, mixed coloured velvet chairs and a long bar at the end.
- Bar: Overlooking the city and the Mekong River the roof top bar is ideal for sunset cocktails, and private functions. A second bar is located on the second floor, by the restaurant.
- Meeting Room: The modern, spacious 45sqm area on the second floor has LAN and Wi-Fi.
GENERALTotal number of rooms: 55
Time zone: (GMT+07:00) Bangkok
Currency accepted: USD, LAK
Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard
Electricity voltage: 220V
Electricity plug type:
CONCIERGEYour concierge is ready to assist you with planning and completing your reservation, contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCESSFrom the Lao National Museum, turn left at Rue Hengbounnoy for about 150m and the hotel is on the right!
Airport: Vientiane Wattay International Airport (VTE) - 6 km
CONTACTHengbounnoy Street – Ban Haysoke - Chanthabouly District - Vientiane , Laos
- Minimizing all paper collateral in the guestrooms. The hotel has a room directory with all information within, so there is no need to continually print and reprint anything.
- All team members are given a drinking bottle, thus eliminating one use plastic drinking bottles. The property is also looking at ways to reduce all plastic wherever possible, including in the rooms, deliveries and products. It is also looking into waste collection.