Sail aboard a restored teak riverboat up the meandering Kaladan River amidst water buffalo, river birds, paddy fields, and soak in a life of yesteryear. Up river, Mrauk U Princess is a gateway to the ancient kingdom of Arakan. Explore 500 year-old temples and stupas scattered across the hills of the former capital, and journey out to the tattooed, fur and bone clad Chin tribes by boat. A traditional spa, swimming pool, and authentic Rakhine cuisine adds to the magical experience.
Thinn Thinn Hlaing
Your Host and The Team
“A hidden wonder filled with ancient architecture and artefacts, Mrauk U is a place of extraordinary significance in Burmese and Arakanese history. To help share this lost kingdom, we restored two teak riverboats to allow our guests to explore the area in comfort and style.”
Facilities and Highlights
- Floating pool 12x6m, in a lotus pond.
- Rakhine cuisine is famous for seafood and fish and Chef Nu Nu Yee sources all ingredients from local markets or our own organic garden.
- After a day visiting temples, or to relax after a long journey to reach Mrauk U, let our Spa team pamper you with some traditional massage or thanaka scrub to smoothen your skin.
- Mrauk U served as the last great Rakhine capital for 354 years from 1430 to 1784. Explore with us Pisi Phaya, with spectacular view over the temples, city walls and its gates, the impressive Koe Thaung temple with the Buddha 90,000 images, Pharaouk temple, Mong Khong Shwe Du and Zina Manaung. Or again Lakse Lake, the moat and water reservoir of the last palace of Mrauk U. There is so much to visit that 3 days are needed and we can organize the visits for you.
GENERALTotal number of rooms: 23
Time zone: (GMT+06:30) Rangoon
Currency accepted: USD, MMK
Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard
Electricity voltage: 230V
Electricity plug type:
CONCIERGEYour concierge is ready to assist you with planning and completing your reservation, contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCESS2 ways to reach the hotel:
- by car from Sittwe airport about 3h30 mn drive.
-by boat (public or private charter cruise) 4 to 6 hours depnding on boat and tide.
Airport: Sittwe Domestic Airport (AKY) - 65 km
CONTACTAung Tat Village, Mrauk Oo, Rakhine State 7043 Mrauk Oo , Myanmar
This resort encourages guests to support Inle’s unique cultural and natural identity by buying locally made arts and crafts, enjoying Inthar cuisine, and learning how to cook it. It also is an active contributor to the Inle Heritage Foundation, a not-for-profit organisation that aims to preserve the Inle region, and help it to thrive as a place to visit, work, and live.
The foundation offers vocational training for Inle residents, advocates conservation of lake wildlife and is re-introducing Burmese cats to the region. It also works towards environmental solutions like waste and wastewater treatment, monitoring the lake’s water quality, encourages traditional lake architecture, offers exhibition space for local artists, and has a shop selling locally made arts and crafts. The foundation uses the proceeds from the businesses to fund other heritage projects that do not make money. To date, this covers around 60% of current expenses. Private contributions and support make up the rest, and their goal is to be fully self-sufficient by 2020.