Away from the tourist crowds, Koh Phra Thong is a barely inhabited and gloriously unspoilt remote island. Backing onto a pristine nature reserve, and fringed by coconut plantations, Golden Buddha Beach Resort comprises 28 privately owned traditional wooden homes, which are sprinkled along the shoreline with a sheltered bay, and a beautiful and deserted 12 kilometre beach.
Votre hôte et l'équipe
“BABA Ecolodge – Easy to arrive, very hard to leave.
Six years ago I came to Thailand and the island of Koh Phra Thong on what was planned to be just a small break from my home Europe, and i have been here ever since. Today I call the BABA Ecolodge on Koh Phra Thong my true home. I fell instantly in love with the unique nature and the tranquility of this atoll island on the edge of the Surin National Marine Park. And perhaps more importantly, the people and the lifestyle on Koh Phra Thong touched my heart.
At BABA Ecolodge, the team is like one big family. This is not simply a boutique hotel, it is a living, breathing community that has become an essential pillar in the life on the island. And this was always our mission here. To be a part of the story of this island, to both work in preserving the environment and help in developing the island, sensitively and responsibly, for the people who call Koh Phra Thong home. Decades of mismanaged tourist destinations in much of Thailand offers to us a clear demonstration of what we shouldn't do. Thankfully, our beautiful island home is off the beaten path and most people, including Thais, have never heard of Koh Phra Thong. Arriving at our pristine bay and walking through the virgin jungle to your private beach villa amazes and delights all who come to stay with us. And then the true adventure begins both for the benefit of our guests as well as our community.
I look forward to welcoming you to our enchanting island home.”
The Private Beach Villas
The Private Jungle Villas
The Family Beach Villas
The Family Jungle Villas
Facilities and Highlights
- The Bay Club: The beach bar at BABA Ecolodge is located at the circular bay at the top end, north, of the resort. Set on the beachside of the bay the beach bar serves a full range of food and beverages including refreshing juices, cocktails, draft beers and fresh strawberries with straws, a choice of the freshest salads and the resort’s famed stone-oven pizzas.
- The Little Island Shop: wines and snacks, beach fashion, spa products, and local artisan and designer craft souvenirs.
- Yoga Sala: Yoga classes are held twice daily at 8am and 4.30pm. Hatha-based and Vinyasa flow is offered for the morning yoga class. The afternoon classes include gentle yoga along with meditation and Pranayama (breathing techniques). All skill levels are catered for.
- The Jungle Spa: Tropical massage and spa treatments are available at the ocean facing Sala.
- The Clubhouse: positioned to share stunning sea views from the first-floor bar and ground floor restaurant. Serving international and Thai cuisine, all dishes are prepared with locally sourced ingredients, with the freshest fish bought daily from the island’s fishermen, poultry and pork from the resort’s own farm, and locally grown fruit, vegetables and herbs. Breakfast is served at the Clubhouse too.
- Ko Phra Thong Island is a haven for wildlife. The range of habitats include the savanna, tropical forest, tidal rivers and the ocean, all blessing the island with wonderful birdlife. More than 100 species have been identified including rare species such as the Asian open-billed stork, lesser adjutant, Indian roller and the brown fish owl. The island is a paradise for bird watchers.
GENERALTotal number of rooms: 27
Time zone: (GMT+07:00) Bangkok
Currency accepted: THB
Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, American Express
Electricity voltage: 220V
Electricity plug type:
CONCIERGEYour concierge is ready to assist you with planning and completing your reservation, contact them on email@example.com
ACCESSThe island is easily accessed from both Ranong and Phuket airports, from where it is either a 1hr or 2.5hr drive respectively to Kuraburi Pier from where it’s a short boat ride by longtail or speedboat to the island. We can assist with providing private transfers.
Please Note: If you plan on making your own way to Kuraburi Pier you need to ensure you arrive there before 4 pm when the last public boat leaves.
Airport: Ranong Domestic Airport (UNN) - 100 km
Airport: Phuket International Airport (HKT) - 190 km
CONTACTP.O. Box 4, 131 Moo2, T. Ko Phra Thong, A. Kuraburi, 82150 Phang Nga, Thailand